IMPORTANT NOTE FOR CLIENT
This document highlights and explains the necessary works to be completed to ensure the successful and problem free installation of your elevator. Please don’t hesitate to ask if you have queries
(This is a generic scope of works and may vary for steel hoistways)
(if you have any queries, please don’t hesitate to contact your project manager)
- Provide dry, clean, safe and secure storage of the elevator equipment whilst it is on site. The location of the storage area shall be agreed with Elevator Boutique and be close to the elevator hoistway and the machine room. Approximately 53.8 square feet please.
- Provide crane and or hoist the elevator equipment if required.
- Supply and install and maintain hoistway protection barricades to each elevator entry.
- Supply a mark 39.3'' above finished floor level on side of door jamb opening to advise FFL on each floor.
- Construction of the elevator hoistway and machine room (where applicable) to Elevator Boutique specifications. Walls are to be solid, not hollow 7.4'' thick, Poured concrete, Pre-cast or core filled block is acceptable. (This is not applicable where we supply hoistway and machine room cabinet.)
- Hoistway and pit must be able to sustain loads as specified. Normally 10000N at maximum load point downwards and 2500N outwards. Please refer to job specific diagrams for exact loads (top of page 2).
- Install lifting eye SWL 1102 lbs above rail wall in ceiling of hoistway in centre and 11.8'' off wall
- Ensure that the pit and hoistway are dry, stripped, cleaned, and holes in shaft filled and free from all debris or other protrusions to enable Elevator Boutique to begin works on site.
- Elevator hoistway must remain dry. No seepage or damp areas are permitted. This is a safety requirement and will affect the long term durability of the equipment
- Elevator hoistway is to be smooth (such that a 0.3'' ball bearing may roll without obstruction) and rendered on the door opening side/s. If glass doors have been ordered, the inside of the elevator hoistway is visible and so rendering and painting is highly recommended
- Complete surrounds and grout in door jambs, buttons, indications panels, floor sills and all penetrations and areas after the installation of the elevator equipment.*****FINISHED FLOOR LEVEL FOR ALL LANDINGS TO BE MARKED AT FLOOR LEVEL HEIGHT OR 39.3'' ABOVE.
- The roof of the hoistway shall be constructed so as to prevent access to the hoistway from above. It is also required to carry the load of a person who may walk above the elevator hoistway on the roof.
- Provide lighting on landings outside elevator doors.
- Provide 2 of hoistway lights 4ft fluorescent with wire guards. 1 at very top of hoistway and 1 at very bottom of hoistway. To be switched from motor room adjacent to controller.
MOTOR ROOM SPACE
- Provide separate electrical supply to the Elevator Motor Cabinet. Fed from the line side of the main switch for the building with its own circuit breaker in main board. Elevator mains are to terminate to Lockable 3 Pole Isolator on Wall beside intended location of controller. 20 amp single phase is usually required but job specific drawings should be checked and have priority.
- Provide lighting, emergency lighting and general purpose power to the elevator machine room.
- Provide single separate telephone point to the elevator control cabinet. The telephone may be connected to a switchboard provided that an outside line can be accessed from within the elevator car at all times.
- Supply and install door with closer and night type latch to the elevator machine room entrance & two keys (where applicable as sometimes we supply a motor cabinet). Minimum door dimension is 35.4'' x 78.7'' clear opening. The door must open outwards and a vision window is also required from the elevator motor room to the elevator hoistway.
- Supply Penetration from the elevator motor cabinet location to the elevator hoistway. This should be discussed with your project manager. Note that the location is variable and preferably from the machine room straight to the hoistway at a height of 35.4'' above floor in the corner of the hoistway. Size 3.93'' x 3.93'' clear opening or ducting if remote motor room.
- Provide 23.6'' clear access in front of equipment mounted in motor room or motor room cabinet.